- Newcomers’ Welcome Coffee & Chat Morning/Evening - This group meets once a month to welcome all newcomers.
- M3 Time: Members Meet Members - A chance for new and old members to get to know each other in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Living in Germany - We discuss issues and topics which are linked to your life in Germany from an intercultural point of view and would like to invite newcomers to Germany, together with those of
you who have been living here for several years, as well as German IWAH members.
- Welcome to my Country
- Bridge: Advanced and Intermediate - The group meets every Wednesday from 10.30 am to 12 noon. On the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays we have bridge instruction at the Bridge Colleg and on the 2nd and 4th
Wednesdays we meet privately.
- Quilting - This group meets every Thursday morning at 9.30 am.
- Crafting in the morning - Complete beginners to seasoned crafters wanted - everyone welcome. If you are interested in sewing, quilting, knitting, beading or any other craft please come, make new
friends and 'do your thing' in the company of like-minded people. We are currently meeting alternate Friday mornings.
- Crafting in the evening- Come and join us for a fun evening of knitting, crocheting and sewing over some wine or tea. If you are a beginner we can show you the basics. If you are advanced, we
would love to admire your handiwork.
Sports and Dancing
- Walk and Talk - English conversation group led by a native speaker while briskly walking around the Maschsee. Meets most Wednesdays.
- Skiing at the Snow Dome in Bispingen - We would like to meet once a month either during the week or on a Saturday at the snow dome in Bispingen (www.snow-dome.de). Beginners or advanced skiers are welcome. Skis, snowboards and all necessary equipment are available for rent from the Snow Dome.
- Mothers, Babies and Toddlers - The babies and toddlers (ages 0-3) and their mothers meet Fridays from 10 am to 12 noon in List/Oststadt. When the weather is nice, we move to the playground. We
also go out some evenings without the kids!
- We meet once a month to cook and eat an internationally inspired meal together.
- Conversation: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian - The group coordinators of our many language interest groups are either native speakers or have a high level of fluency in the
target language. Please check out availability and venue.
Dining Out and Entertainment
- Lunch Out & Dinner Out - Once a month, members get together for lunch and an evening meal.
- Girls' Night Out
- Couples’ Night Out
Literature and the Arts
- Cinema Group - We meet once a month to watch a contemporary film.
- Let's Talk About Art! - We meet once a month to talk about pieces of art of our choosing. Additionally, an array of tools is offered that help in deciphering various symbols and enabling
- Opera House Group
- English Reading Group - We meet afternoons every two weeks to read aloud and discuss short stories, plays or articles. No preparation necessary.
- English Literature - We read and discuss a wide variety of contemporary literature.
- Women, Wit and Wine
Once a month IWAH offers a special event for its members such as guided tours to places of interest or day trips to other cities. Read about some of our
past special events here.
If you would like to find out more about our activities, please contact our interest group coordinator email@example.com.