Please note that in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus all IWAH events and meetings have
been cancelled until April 18th, 2020.
Below you will find some information about the great variety of interest groups that IWAH has to offer. Whether you are into art, sports, cooking or crafting you will surely find something that
appeals to you. Make sure to check our our monthly calendar to see what is currently going on in IWAH.
- Newcomers’ Welcome Coffee & Chat Morning/Evening - This group meets once a month to welcome all newcomers.
- M3 Time: Members Meet Members - A chance for new and old members to get to know each other in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Living in Germany - We discuss issues and topics which are linked to your life in Germany from an intercultural point of view and would like to invite newcomers to Germany, together with those of
you who have been living here for several years, as well as German IWAH members.
- Welcome to my Country.
- Bridge: Advanced and Intermediate - The group meets every Wednesday from 10.30 am to 12 noon. On the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays we have bridge instruction at the Bridge Colleg and on the 2nd and 4th
Wednesdays we meet privately.
- Quilting - This group meets every Thursday morning at 10 am
- Charity Knitting
- Mah Jongg - learn to play the ancient Chinese tile game using the National Mah Jongg League official hands and rules.
Sports and Dancing
- Walk and Talk - English conversation group while briskly walking around the Maschsee. Meets Mondays.
- Mothers, Babies and Toddlers - The babies and toddlers (ages 0-3) and their mothers meet on the first and the third Friday of the month from 10 am to 12 noon in List/Oststadt. When the weather is
nice, we move to the playground. We also go out some evenings without the kids!
- We meet once a month to cook and eat an internationally inspired meal together.
- Conversation: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian - The group coordinators of our many language interest groups are either native speakers or have a high level of fluency in the
target language. Please check out availability and venue.
Dining Out and Entertainment
- Dinner Out - Once a month, members get together for an evening meal.
- Couples' Night Out
- Ladies' Night Out
Literature and the Arts
- Cinema Group - We meet once a month to watch a contemporary film.
- Let's Talk About Art! - We meet once a month to talk about pieces of art of our choosing. Additionally, an array of tools is offered that help in deciphering various symbols and enabling
- Opera House Group
- English Reading Group - We meet afternoons every two weeks to read aloud and discuss short stories, plays or articles. No preparation necessary.
- English Literature - We read and discuss a wide variety of contemporary literature.
- Women, Wit and Wine
Once a month IWAH offers a special event for its members such as guided tours to places of interest or day trips to other cities. Read about some of our
past special events here.
If you would like to find out more about our activities, please contact our interest group coordinator email@example.com.